K1 Visa Application Translation Requirements for Thai Nationals

Based on regulations from the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Thai nationals endeavoring for a Fiancé(e) Visa should ensure that all non-English documents come with corresponding certified English translations. The translator is responsible for confirming the accuracy of the translation and their expertise in translating from Thai to English.



United States

Documents Required for Thailand

According to the U.S. Department of State, some commonly required documents for a K-1 visa application include:

  • Birth certificate of the applicant.

  • Proof of relationship with the U.S. citizen petitioner.

  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both the U.S. citizen and the foreign fiancé(e), if applicable.

  • Police certificates from all places the applicant has lived since age 16.

  • Medical examination report.

Thai-specific documents might include household registration and any official documents issued in Thailand. It's important to consult with the U.S. embassy or consulate in Thailand for a comprehensive list tailored to Thai applicants.

Translator Qualifications

Based on the U.S. Department of State's guidelines, while there's no mandate for a specific certification for translators, the person translating must be competent in both Thai and English languages. They must provide a signed statement certifying that the translation is complete and accurate and that they are qualified to translate from Thai to English.

Certification Requirements

According to the U.S. Department of State, translated documents should include a statement from the translator certifying their competence in both the original language (Thai) and English, and the accuracy of their translation. Notarization for translations isn't typically required, but for the authentication of the original Thai documents, an apostille might be needed. However, it's essential to note that Thailand isn't a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, so traditional consular legalization might be necessary. It's always a good idea to verify with the U.S. embassy or consulate in Thailand for specific requirements.

Always consider this guide as a general overview. For accurate and detailed advice tailored to one's specific situation, consulting directly with the relevant institutions or migration professionals is crucial.

This is Powered by OpenAI's ChatGPT 4.0.

We may display inaccurate or offensive content that doesn't represent Tomedes' views.

Ready to Migrate?

This guide provides a general overview, and for specific, accurate, and detailed advice, consulting directly with the relevant institutions or migration experts is essential. For more detailed information, contact the US Embassy in Thailand.