E Visa Application Translation Requirements for South Korean Nationals

As per guidelines from the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), documents originally in Korean that are being submitted to support visa applications must be accompanied by an English translation. 

South Korea


United States

Documents Required for South Korea

According to the U.S. Department of State, primary documents for E-Visa applications include:

  • Birth certificate of the applicant.

  • If applicable, marriage, divorce, or death certificate(s) related to any previous or current relationships.

  • Proof of South Korean nationality.

  • Documents demonstrating the volume of trade between the US and South Korea or establishing that the applicant is making a significant investment in a US business. This might include trade invoices, customer/vendor lists, financial statements, or bank records.

  • A letter or document stating the purpose of the trip and duration of intended stay in the US.


Other documents may be specifically required for South Korean nationals by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in South Korea based on different cases.

Translator Qualifications

Based on regulations from the U.S. Department of State, there's no explicit specification regarding the accreditation of translators. However, the translator should be competent enough to translate the document accurately from Korean to English. The translation should come with a signed statement from the translator which affirms the accuracy and completeness of the translation, and their qualification to translate from Korean to English.

Certification Requirements

According to the U.S. Department of State, translations should come with a statement from the translator or the translation agency. This statement should confirm their competence in both the original language (Korean) and English and attest to the accuracy of the translation. For the authentication of South Korean documents, South Korea, being a part of the Hague Apostille Convention, may require an apostille to authenticate its documents for their use in the U.S.


To get the most accurate and up-to-date advice tailored for an individual's specific situation, it's best to consult directly with the U.S. Embassy in South Korea.


This is Powered by OpenAI's ChatGPT 4.0.

We may display inaccurate or offensive content that doesn't represent Tomedes' views.

Ready to Migrate?

This guide provides a general overview, and for specific, accurate, and detailed advice, consulting directly with the relevant institutions or migration experts is essential. For more detailed information, contact the US Embassy in South Korea.